Sunday, September 16, 2012

Blog 3.. Literacy Dig

For this week’s blog I decided to look back at what I wrote for my literacy dig assignment.  I actually missed the class when Lacy described the assignment to us so when I looked at the syllabus and saw what we had to do I was a little frazzled.  But I proceeded on with it!

 
So.... I open my daybook and start to title the page.  I am sitting at my desk in my ten by fifteen inch dorm room as I begin to look around at some of the things that are of value to me and a big part of my life.  We have to list five things and write a "thick description" on it.  The items that I decide to choose are: my Charlotte 49er’s planner, my Brita water bottle, my overflowing trash can, my Alpha Delta Pi sunglasses and a picture of my two best friends.  All of these items show a little bit about me and I hope that as an outsider you can see why these objects are meaningful to me. 

My planner shows that I am an organized person and like I like to have my day planned out.  I love the feeling of accomplishing something and marking it off.  My water bottle is sitting in my mini fridge under my right now filled with crisp, clean filtered water.   Water is all I drink.  It is simply the best thing for a person to drink and I love the taste (even though water doesn’t really have a taste haha).  I am not really sure why I chose my trash can as an object to be honest.  Maybe it shows that I eat a lot because it is always full! My fourth item is my ADPi sunglasses.  I love sunglasses, just like I love the sun and summertime.  I wish it could be summer all year long and never winter!  My final object is my picture of me and my two best friends.  My friends mean everything to me.  We are with each other through the tick and the thin and I know for a fact I can always count on them. 

So there you have it!  My five objects that mean a lot to me in my everyday life!

 

Arin Hall

4 comments:

  1. Hey Arin! I love how you did your literacy dig! You spoke about how you chose the items in a way that attracts the readers' attention. I was curious to find out how these five items have affected your literacy..I think it would be interesting to include in your post. :) ..and I agree!! I wish it could be summer all year long too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enojyed reading this blog post because I thought it told me a lot about you.. I also love sunglasses and summertime! I also agee with Lydia in the sense that I would have liked to know what these items had to do with your literacy! But other than that I thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog and cant wait to read next weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I start to get a picture of who you are by the objects you described. What parts of your life are missing in the description?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Arin! I really enjoyed reading your post titled "Blog 3... Literacy Dig", I thought that you had a pretty cool list but I was also curious to why baseball or softball was not included (sorry if I offended you) and I really liked that word "frazzle", I never heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete